Monday, September 12, 2011

Fear or Freedom?

Today I read a post on the blog Nesting Place ( http://www.thenester.com/ ) about 5 ways to know if you are decorating out of fear. I have to say that I answered yes to all 5 points. The main fear that stood out was asking everyone's opinion before making any decision, but this is about to change. My goal with the kids room, that I'm starting Wednesday, is to make all the decisions myself. Except for the fabric because last night my bff and I pick it out.

To be honest, I have always needed others opinions before making a final decision, then I worry that if I didn't follow their advice they would get upset. Really is this any way to go through life?? Creating stress where stress has no place. It's time that I stand on my own to feet and jump right in.

When it comes to decorating and organizing, I don't think it will ever be a life or death matter. I might drive my husband a little crazy if I change my mind a few times, but that is a chance I need to take. I read somewhere that perfection is an impossibility that good enough is the way to go.

Thank you for reading my little rant, maybe this will be the small epiphany that I need to boost my confidence.

Keep Dreaming!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment