Friday, September 9, 2011

Here we go!!!!!!!

It's time to start a room make-over. So excited, a little scared though. There is something intimidating about posting pictures of your disorganized house. I'm going to put on my big girl pants on and just do it.

The first room to get my magic touch will be the kids room. Right now, it is very plain with a closet filled with miscellaneous stuff that has nothing to do with the kids. I want to brighten the room up, and organized everything. And maybe just maybe, paint a few pieces of furniture. In the room there is a huge armoire that my dear daddy built for me, I really want to paint it but scared that it won't turn out and I will wreck it. I think it will look totally beautiful in a high gloss white with new hardware. So we will have to see what my heart tells me to do.

So before I go any further here are my pics of the room. I was so tempted to clean before I took the picture, but I decided there is no point. I want to be 100% honest with my readers.






















Oh my god, I can't believe I actually posted them. I feel so queasy. It makes the room look messier then it really is.


Here is the plan, Wednesday I will empty everything for the closet and sort through what belongs and what doesn't. I will have four piles- 1. keep 2. donate 3. relocate and 4. Trash. After everything is out and I know what will be going back, I will utilize the closet organizer things I got from IKEA. What I really want to sure of, is that anything that stays in the room has it's home place. So excited. I will post my progress on Wednesday night. Wish me luck.


Keep dreaming.



No comments:

Post a Comment