Thursday, September 15, 2011

Skeletons in the Closet

Maybe not skeletons but a whole lot of junk. I could not believe the amount of stuff that was jammed into the closet. In order to sort through everything, I removed all of it and brought it into one big area. Once I was done that, I went through every item and placed it into one of five pile.

The five pile where as follows:



  • Keep in the closet


  • Keep be somewhere else


  • Donate


  • Gargage


  • For husband to go through




I found things that were forgotten about, like a box of VHS and BETA tapes, I wonder if my husband will finally let those go. He definitely does not believe in the golden rule, if you don't use something in the last year or two it's time to let it go. When it comes to craft stuff, I can definitely be the same, so I try hard to be understanding when it comes to letting go of things, but BETA tapes seriously, come on.




The before picture.



Pictures of all the stuff.




The donate pile and the husband pile.




The closet with nothing in it.




Now, I wait for my hubby to come home and go through his pile before I make the decision on where everything goes. We have a small house, so somethings that are not kid related will have to have a permanent home in the closet. The non-kid things will have to be out of reach of the children, so this will be my main challenge.


I can't wait to get the closet back together. Please stay tuned for pictures of the completed closet.


Keep dreaming...














1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting on my blog, I'm glad you like it! Congrats on starting your own too - I find it's a fantastic way to hold yourself accountable when you're really serious about getting organized. It's also nice because you can get feedback from other people, instead of just doing a space in your home & then nobody appreciates it but you. :)

    ReplyDelete